Stuck inside for the quarantine? Snuggle up with some comfort food, your favorite books or plan a movie marathon.
Here in Ohio, our schools are closed, as are a lot of others around the country. Our life isn’t as much impacted, since we already homeschool and I work from home, but we know we are in the minority. So many families are being impacted by this coronavirus and the quarantine that is taking place.
Here’s to using your time off wisely.
- Slow. Down.
- Use this unplanned opportunity to truly be a family. No traveling. No constant digital entertainment.\
- Cook together.
- Eat together at the table every meal you can.
- Take walks together to get fresh air.
- Binge out on some movies you’ve not watched in a while.
- Have a board game marathon.
- Encourage an hour of reading while everyone reads their favorite books.
- Then talk about them!
- Maybe even read some stories together, no matter the age of your kiddos.
- Go for a drive and play the license plate game or slug bug.
- If weather permits, cook outside.
- Make a campfire and enjoy a pre-summer marshmallow roast.
- Tell ghost stories or funny stories.
- Learn something new with your kids.
- Get crafty.
- Play the quiet game or the no blinking game.
- Play a game of three on three or HORSE.
- Get out the chalk and have a hop scotch marathon.
- Have your kids help you do some MAJOR spring cleaning.
- Rearrange a room or two.
- Spend an hour (at least) on the phone with someone you do not get to see often. Encourage your kiddos to do the same.
- Stay up late.
- Sleep in late.
- Keep living life, but together.
While you are cooking together as a family, try out these Pralines Protein French Toast.
Here’s a secret to smoother egg batter. Add protein powder to the milk and shake before adding it to the eggs.
You will need:
2-3 Scoops protein powder or healthy meal shake – we used Pralines and Cream
2-3 tablespoons milk
Dash of cinnamon
8-10 slices of bread
Crack open the eggs and whip.
Add your favorite protein powder or formula 1 flavor to your milk and egg mix. .
Dip bread in egg mix and cook in a skillet or flat griddle.
Breakfast has gotten SO much easier since I inherited my late grandmother’s cast iron flat griddle! Lay it over two burners and cook as many as you need to! A must have for a family of 4 or more!! It is reversible, flat on one side and a grill on the other!
We doubled the batch for our family of 5 and the kids loved them!!
Join in and hear from 10 expert speakers on how to create and transition to a healthier home. Click and subscribe so you don’t miss anything!