Want to know how to go from being a zombie mom to energy on fire in the morning? Then you should consider having a morning routine.
So, let’s talk about the power of a morning routine and how having one can help you be more productive throughout the day:
- Having a routine in the morning is important because it allows your body to get into the flow. It allows you to not have to think about the decisions that you’re about to make, but just being able to go into motion, one thing after another.
- A good morning routine makes you more productive all day long with a clearer and a more focused mind.
- It helps you have loads of energy all day. Depending on what your morning routine is, it can uplift your spirit throughout the day so it is important to adopt a routine that is unique to you.
So, what is the first thing that you do when you wake up? Most of us get on our phone, or a computer the minute we get out of bed to check social media or emails, this might not be the best way to start your day. How you start your day can really have a positive or negative impact on the rest of your day so it is important to set the right morning routine that is unique to you because what helps you get energy might be different from mine. Here are some of the morning routines that gives me energy all day long:
- I get energy from spending spiritual time alone. I feel calmer throughout the day whenever I wake up as early as 5:00 am to have a Bible study versus if my kids just wake me up and I go about my daily chores.
- Getting my workout in before I go to work. This gives me loads of energy throughout the day and from experience, whenever I don’t work out early I often find myself procrastinating and I might end up not getting it done at the end of the day.
- Listening to uplifting or inspirational messages. This can be in form of an audiobook, a podcast, or music that helps me get into an upbeat mood that keeps me inspired all day long.
- Writing down my to-do list and going to bed at a decent hour at night. Our brain is such a powerful force that goes to work and start strategizing on our to-do list for the next day while we are sleeping and the morning we will already have a clear vision on how to go about the day.
Want to indulge in your sweet cravings and still lose weight?
Let’s talk about how you can eat healthy without feeling deprived, for instance, I still eat pizza, chocolate, and ice cream and I was able to lose 30 pounds. Most of the time when we are on a diet or trying to lose weight, we often limit ourselves to boring foods which we do not really enjoy just because they are the typical “healthy foods” but there are ways you can infuse the foods you absolutely love in your diet and still get your desired results.
Here are some ways to help you eat healthy without feeling deprived of the foods you love and how to ‘’eat your cake and have it’’ while on your weight loss journey:
- The 80/20 rule: Moderation is everything. When you deprive yourself of certain foods, it becomes all that you can think about, but when you allow yourself to indulge in your favorite foods as part of your lifestyle and healthy diet, then you won’t feel so deprived and there will be If you are eating and putting good things into your body 80% of the time, the other 20% won’t matter so much. You can still have a glass of wine or a chocolate brownie from time to time.
- Allow yourself those treats: Apart from just making it part of your diet, treat yourself to something nice on the weekend. If you ate salads Monday through Friday, allow yourself to have that baked potato, or a piece of pizza if it’s going to make you happy. Indulge occasionally in those things that would make your weight loss journey fun for you.
- Celebrate your accomplishments.Celebrate everything! So many times we get so focused on the goal that we fail to see every little progress we’ve made. Celebrate it at day one, celebrate it at day five, celebrate it at two weeks. Find ways to celebrate that doesn’t have anything to do with food so you don’t go overboard – buy yourself a new workout outfit, treat yourself to a massage or get your nails done. Whatever is going to make you happy just make sure you celebrate yourself.
Are you eating healthy + working out and not seeing the scale move? Are you wondering what and how to actually eat, so you hit your goals faster?
Let’s talk about how to eat for fat loss, so you can hit your goals faster.
It doesn’t matter how much you are working out, if you’re eating like crap, it’d be harder to lose weight. Once you hit 30, your metabolism slows down, your hormones start changing and you have to be mindful of what you eat. You can no longer do the vending machine drive-by or get meals at the gas station or else it is going to be harder and harder to hit your goals.
So, what you should be doing and eating if you are trying to lose weight? This is how I was able to lose over 30 pounds pretty shortly within a four to six-month period, and I teach in my program Simplified Slim Down.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
There is so much research on how eating a breakfast is beneficial for more energy, more focus and those who eat a nutritious breakfast, actually, eat less overall in the day. In this post, I break down why you should make breakfast a priority. Click here for 10 recipes for wholesome, nutritious, balanced breakfasts that the whole family will love.
- Eat frequent meals.You want to make sure you are eating every few hours. A lot of times, we get really busy and sometimes, we forget to eat. Especially as busy women – we are moms, we are working and we get so busy on taking care of everyone else. Sometimes, we forget to take care of ourselves, and I was in that where I would forget to eat or I couldn’t remember the last time I did eat.Don’t let your body to go into starvation mode,
To avoid this, you can set a timer on your phone as a reminder to let you know when it is time to eat and set it to remind you daily. This has helped me a lot whenever I forget to eat because of my busy schedule. I recommend this to all my new clients.
- Minimize processed foods. Shift away from eating fast food, and convenience-type food and start eating real whole foods. You can find a lot of healthy pre-cut vegetables and fruit or ready-made salads to save you some time in the kitchen. Planning ahead wins every time.
Here are some staples that you should have around in the house and will help you reach your goal faster:
- Whole fruits, vegetables and lean proteins like chicken, turkey, and fish.
- Dairy products but make sure it is not processed dairy. My favorites are cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, cheese cubes and goat cheese which I absolutely love.
- Lots of seeds and nuts, nut butters and eggs as these are all sources of healthy fats.
- Healthy oils like olive oil, avocado oil, and walnut oil. These are some healthy oils to start with but stay away from vegetable oil; it is not so good for you.
- Use spices to mix up your flavoring in your meals.
If you need a simple and tangible grocery list that you can take to the grocery store every week, then grab my grocery list for easy shopping. All my staples are on there and it made my grocery shopping a lot easier. Having these staples in my pantry on a regular basis helped me eat healthily and help me reach my goals faster.