Do you ever wish you could work from home? Even better, do you wish you could get paid for doing something you already do?
I remember thinking “if only I could get paid for drinking wine and hanging out on Pinterest”.
Be careful what you wish for, it may actually come true!
These days, I don’t drink a lot of wine, anymore, but I still have a love for Pinterest and all forms of social media.
Today, nearly 100% of my clients find me on Facebook.
It’s no accident. I am very intentional with how I use my Facebook. The first thing and most important thing I do is to connect with people, and make friends. I don’t carry regular business cards around because they go in my purse and I never look at them again. Actually, I have been meaning to get new cards made, but it isn’t a high priority. I usually just get out my phone and ask them if we can friends on Facebook – I’ve never had anyone tell me no.
Whether you already have a business and want more exposure or if you are wondering how you can work from home, here are some ways to utilize Facebook for business and why it is a great place to connect with potential clients:
Just Be Real
- With Facebook, I am able to connect with anyone because almost everyone has an account these days which makes it much easier for me to just add a person and we can actually interact and be friends. They’re able to see what I’m doing and I don’t have to force my way into their pocketbook. If they want to do business with me they can see me, they can reach out to me. organically, we can connect by seeing the things we have in common. Naturally, we do business with people we know, we like, and we trust and the only way that is going to happen is when you can connect with people and actually just bring them into your circle and just be friends with them.
Share Your Story
- Another way I use Facebook for business is to share my story. I share my story a lot because it is what brings clients to me. I always share my transformational story with my health, my weight loss, and my energy on Facebook and people always want to work with me because they can relate with what I am sharing and this is what attracts people to me. They think, “if you did it I can do it too” and the story is really the glue to your business. If you have a brick and mortar business it might be a little different but if you have a personal brand, you have to sell yourself and the way you do that is with your personal story. People just want to know why you do what you do.
- The third way I use Facebook for business is Education. I like to educate my friends whoever is connected with me about things I’m passionate about. It doesn’t always have to be business related but things that you are really passionate about and others can learn from, for example, I am passionate about health, women, parenting, and children. I’m very passionate about just being a good person so when you can just educate people on what you’re passionate about and why you’re passionate about it people will love that and if they’re passionate about it too, you now have a common thread and they’re likely to relate better with you because you share the same passion.
Facebook is all about connecting and the way I connect is both personal and business because my business is my personal life, my personal life is my business. It’s all intertwined, so I like to let people see that through my social media.
Let’s talk about snacks for the road and what to take. If you have a long road trip coming up and you are the type that doesn’t like to eat on the road or doesn’t really like the unhealthy options on the road then you will find this travel snacking tips very useful.
Here are some healthy snacks I pack when I am traveling with my family:
• Some hard-boiled eggs.
• Turkey and wraps to make some turkey roll-ups with hummus.
• Protein bars
• Meal replacement shakes for breakfast.
• Beverage mix, it’s got protein in it and it counts as a snack.
• Bananas that are getting a little ripe to make some healthy muffins.
Whenever I travel with my family we like to stay in an Airbnb because we are in and out of meetings the whole weekend. I also love having a kitchen because I can make my own breakfast and dinner, and I can just come down to the refrigerator if I need a midnight snack. I can keep some yogurt, or some eggs in there, and I can just have a snack before bed if I want.
So if you will be staying in a hotel or in a rented Airbnb, try to take things that will be easy for you to put together to make a quick snack or meal and that way you won’t be tempted to snack unhealthily. Some other things that I take along with me are jerky, and cut veggies. I also put either hummus or peanut butter in a mason jar, and cut up celery sticks and just stick them in there. And, that way they’ll just be ready to go.
Having total confidence is the number one thing you need in business if you want to be profitable in your field. It doesn’t matter if you work from home, or you have a brick and mortar, or if you are a professional working under another brand, you need to have full confidence, and it is the thing that sets people apart from being successful or not.
You need this inner knowing that you have what it takes, you have what your client needs, and you know how to solve their problem. This is so, so important because as a customer if I’m coming to you with a problem, I want to hear from you that you know what you’re talking about and that you are confident that you know how to fix my problem. If there’s any hesitation in your voice or your body language at all, people will sense it so you have to always thrive to build your confidence level.
So, how do you gain confidence? It’s already in you, you just need to work it and you need to know how to bring it out. Here are some few things I do to help me step into that confidence:
- Dressing Up. I work from home, and I love to be in yoga pants. But when I feel like I really need some fierce confidence, especially if I’m getting on live video, I take a few extra minutes to really think about what I’m wearing. Just having a nice pair of pants on, a nice top, doing my makeup, and having some jewelry on, it just puts a pep in my step to know that I am a super savvy businesswoman, rather than just a mom hanging out in her yoga pants. Dressing up helps uplevel my confidence.
- Write down things that make you great: Write down, make a list of the top 10 or 20 things that make you awesome, makes you amazing. These could be things that no one else can do. These could be things you’ve overcome or that you do for your clients. But having this list so you can refer back to when you are having kind of gloomy day or not really feeling it, you can look at this list and it is an awesome list and a list that says, “Wow. Look how awesome you are. Look at all these things you have done or you can do.” I think that is all really important.
- Good Music. I love music, nothing gets me in the mood, in a higher vibration than some good dancing music and it can help you uplevel your confidence when you’re not feeling so great.
You don’t necessarily need a New Year to set new goals, however, it is good to reflect on where you were last year, what progress you’ve made, where you want to go, what goals have not come into fruition and what new goals you are setting for yourself. It is also important to keep up leveling and striving towards getting better so as not to lose yourself completely. No matter the type of goal you are setting, whether it’s a New Year’s resolution or not, these tips works for any kind of goal you have set for yourself.
Here are the top five New Year’s resolutions and goals most people set and how to can crush them:
- Health And Fitness. This is the number one goal every single year and so health and fitness is an important one and a couple of years ago that was my most important one.
- More Self Love. I love that more people are taking better care of themselves and they want a better relationship with themselves. I just love that because having self-love definitely has improved all areas of my own life.
- Self Improvement. Self-improvement could mean career, relationships or better self-improvement. You could learn more, read more books, attend seminars or whatever it means for you.
- Less Screen Time. When I first started working out one of the things that I did, which wasn’t necessarily a goal of mine but help in achieving my goal was getting rid of our cable and instead of watching TV, I started working out and so, that hour or two a day that I was watching TV, was more time for my workouts.
- Time or Money Management. People should learn to get better with money whether that’s cutting back on expenses, increasing your income, being more mindful of spending or being more strategic with investments and savings.
Now, let ’s talk about how to crush these goals, It is not fun to set goals and then at the end of the year you look back and didn’t accomplish anything. Whatever your goal is, it doesn’t have to be weight loss or health related it can apply to everyone. Here are some ways to crush whatever goals you have set for yourself.
- Write your goals down and keep it front and center because you need to have that visual constant reminder. It’s actually a proven fact that people who write down their goals are actually more likely to hit them and even better, you can have it somewhere where you have to look at it as a visual representation every day like a vision board. A lot of people write down their goals, but, then they put it in a notebook and never look at it again for the full rest of the year and they forget what they were striving for and sometimes life happens and they get sidetracked so that constant reminder is needed.
- Ask yourself ‘’what can I do daily to help me get to that place where I want to be’’?. It’s not about those big astronomical steps you have to take, but, something daily. They say if you want to change anything in your life, change something you do daily. Tracking your food intake in a food journal is really helpful, tracking your money daily is really helpful and can show you where you’re spending money or food or calories or whatever. Whatever your daily activity is in that area can be really powerful by taking those baby steps every single day
- Believe in yourself. Make sure that you absolutely know that you can do this, remember that you have had a lot of success in different areas of your life and you can do this one too. Constantly remind yourself that you’ve got this, I can do this and I know I can make this happen if I just focus on those daily baby steps.
Get focused on your goals with this Goal Planner
Health is always a top goal for the year so whether you hit your goals or you accomplished some goals last year, you’re going to find something in here that you can start implementing right away. Here are 12 habits that you can adopt take to up-level your health and fitness goals:
- Eat Breakfast Every Single Day. Breakfast is the most important food of the day so always make sure you don’t skip it. If you are in a hurry, you can eat your leftover dinner, what matters is that you’re putting something in your body within 30 minutes to one hour after waking up to fuel your body. When you do this, you will discover that you have more energy and more focus for throughout the day.
- Track Your Activity. You can achieve this by keeping a food journal. It’s been proven that people who keep an active food journal are more conscious about the food they’re putting in their body and they eat fewer calories throughout the day. Try tracking your activity and everything you put in your mouth for a week just to see how it feels. You can use FtBit, an activity tracker or start focusing on what are you doing every day to move your body, whether it’s a hard workout or you’re just dancing in the kitchen. When you start tracking your activity you will become conscious of what you’re doing and not doing.
- Cook At Home More. This one thing can really help you slash unnecessary calories. Every time you eat out you can plan on consuming an extra 200 calories than if you made the exact same meal at home. Just by cooking at home you are going to save calories. Some of my clients and a lot of the people I see, eat out one to two times a day. One time a day, 200 calories, that’s 1,400 extra calories through the week. If you find yourself eating out a lot, consciously choose to cut that back, start planning your meals, and start learning how to cook at home more often.
- Eat Healthy Snacks. Incorporating more healthy snacks into your day means you’re not going to want to hit the vending machine or the drive-through on the way home. Plan ahead and have healthy snacks in your refrigerator or in your desk ready to go. Healthier snacks can help you with energy and help you feel full for longer, it will get you through those mid-afternoon slumps when your blood sugar starts to drop and you start to notice yourself more fatigued and less focused.
- Drink More Water. I know in the wintertime it’s especially hard because in the summertime we are more active, more outside and in the heat, we need that water. In winter we actually need water a lot more because there’s less moisture in the air so you find yourself dehydrated and with dry skin. Water, more water can help you with that, it will help to hydrate you and combat that pushback on the lack of humidity and moisture in the air.
- Walk More. Yes, let’s just choose to walk more. When I first started out, I didn’t have time for workouts and I didn’t have a gym membership so I just started pushing my kids in the stroller in the afternoon a couple days a week. That might be it for you. If you’re not working out at all, you might choose to go for an afternoon walk two to three days a week. Or you can go join a gym, get on the treadmill, walk around the track or even be as little as taking the steps when you have the chance or parking at the back of the parking lots and walking that extra distance. Taking every extra chance you can to just get a little bit of activity in your day is going to add up big for you.
- Get Good Sleep. Sleep is very important. People who lack sleep eat more, they’re less likely to be active, they struggle with energy and they struggle with focus. Just getting more sleep can really help you in all different areas of your life. About 7 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended, but the average American only gets four to six. If that’s you, then start choosing to go to bed a little earlier and push your wake up time back a little bit if you can and make sure you are getting enough sleep to give you energy throughout the day.
- Meal Prep. This is something a lot of people struggle with. Even people who are eating healthy still find difficulty with this meal prep thing. They want to eat healthily or they do try, however, they’re not really great at planning their meals and snacks throughout the day. By learning to plan ahead of time, you will find out that you will gradually stop eating out and stop going to the vending machine. Plan your meals for the week or even for the day and it will save you time, money and calories.
- Relaxation and Self-Care. We live in a society with a lot of hustle and bustle and we hardly step back and give ourselves that time to rest and relax. Relaxation and self-care are so essential, it can help with weight loss because if you are overly stressed, your body sometimes won’t be able to lose weight. So try taking about 15 minutes in the morning to relax, or 15 minutes before you go to bed, maybe start a journal about your feelings, that can be helpful. Try reading, taking a walk, or incorporating a spa day on your day off or get your hair done. These are all ways that you can relax and start to just be present in the moment and not be so much about your to-do list.
- Reduce Processed Sugar. I recommend not eating anything out of a box or anything that has more than five ingredients. I like to play with the 80/20 rule, as long as you’re eating healthy 80% of the time, that 20% isn’t going to affect you so much. Start to recognize how much processed sugar you’re really putting into your body and different ways that you can cut back on them. Most drinks we take has a lot of sugar in them whether it’s soda or your coffee drinks, even smoothies have a lot of sugar, yes it is good sugar, but it is still sugar. Learn to read the back of the labels and see how much sugar is in the stuff you’re drinking and eating.
- Eat More Healthy Fats. Healthy fats can really help with depression and with inflammation. Fat is essential for our health so we need to have lots of healthy fats in our diet, but there is a difference in the different kinds of fats you’re getting. I recommend nuts and seeds, avocado, salmon, fatty fishes, olive oil, coconut oil. If you know you don’t get enough fat or especially if you don’t eat a lot of fish, then you might want to incorporate a fish oil supplement to your diet.
- Help Your Family Get More Active. This is something we do, especially in the summertime, a little bit in the winter. We like to just plan our weekends around being active, and just something that we can do as a family, so we’re bonding and we’re spending time together as a family and we’re still getting our workout in and activities in. This can really help establish some healthy habits into your kids and if you’re having trouble getting your husband on board, this can help because you’re spending time with them and you’re inviting him along for the journey. Same for your kids, the obesity rate in children is rising so the more you can get your kids active, the more you can help make sure that they don’t fall into that statistic.
I hope this has been helpful, you can take one, you can take all, or you can try to incorporate one new habit every single month.
Learn from the experts on how to make yourself a priority, saying no more so you can say yes to things you love and how to ditch the pattern of toxic relationships. Virtual Interview Series happening this spring.
Want to know how to go from being a zombie mom to energy on fire in the morning? Then you should consider having a morning routine.
So, let’s talk about the power of a morning routine and how having one can help you be more productive throughout the day:
- Having a routine in the morning is important because it allows your body to get into the flow. It allows you to not have to think about the decisions that you’re about to make, but just being able to go into motion, one thing after another.
- A good morning routine makes you more productive all day long with a clearer and a more focused mind.
- It helps you have loads of energy all day. Depending on what your morning routine is, it can uplift your spirit throughout the day so it is important to adopt a routine that is unique to you.
So, what is the first thing that you do when you wake up? Most of us get on our phone, or a computer the minute we get out of bed to check social media or emails, this might not be the best way to start your day. How you start your day can really have a positive or negative impact on the rest of your day so it is important to set the right morning routine that is unique to you because what helps you get energy might be different from mine. Here are some of the morning routines that gives me energy all day long:
- I get energy from spending spiritual time alone. I feel calmer throughout the day whenever I wake up as early as 5:00 am to have a Bible study versus if my kids just wake me up and I go about my daily chores.
- Getting my workout in before I go to work. This gives me loads of energy throughout the day and from experience, whenever I don’t work out early I often find myself procrastinating and I might end up not getting it done at the end of the day.
- Listening to uplifting or inspirational messages. This can be in form of an audiobook, a podcast, or music that helps me get into an upbeat mood that keeps me inspired all day long.
- Writing down my to-do list and going to bed at a decent hour at night. Our brain is such a powerful force that goes to work and start strategizing on our to-do list for the next day while we are sleeping and the morning we will already have a clear vision on how to go about the day.
To make your morning routine even better.. grab my 10-minute breakfasts for fast and easy mornings.