Are you wondering why some people find success and others don’t? There is one thing that sets the successful people apart. Learn the one thing that set your on your path to success, in anything you do.
Having total confidence is the number one thing you need in business if you want to be profitable in your field. It doesn’t matter if you work from home, or you have a brick and mortar, or if you are a professional working under another brand, you need to have full confidence, and it is the thing that sets people apart from being successful or not.
You need this inner knowing that you have what it takes, you have what your client needs, and you know how to solve their problem. This is so, so important because as a customer if I’m coming to you with a problem, I want to hear from you that you know what you’re talking about and that you are confident that you know how to fix my problem. If there’s any hesitation in your voice or your body language at all, people will sense it so you have to always thrive to build your confidence level.
So, how do you gain confidence? It’s already in you, you just need to work it and you need to know how to bring it out. Here are some few things I do to help me step into that confidence:
Dressing Up. I work from home, and I love to be in yoga pants. But when I feel like I really need some fierce confidence, especially if I’m getting on live video, I take a few extra minutes to really think about what I’m wearing. Just having a nice pair of pants on, a nice top, doing my makeup, and having some jewelry on, it just puts a pep in my step to know that I am a super savvy businesswoman, rather than just a mom hanging out in her yoga pants. Dressing up helps uplevel my confidence.
Write down things that make you great: Write down, make a list of the top 10 or 20 things that make you awesome, makes you amazing. These could be things that no one else can do. These could be things you’ve overcome or that you do for your clients. But having this list so you can refer back to when you are having kind of gloomy day or not really feeling it, you can look at this list and it is an awesome list and a list that says, “Wow. Look how awesome you are. Look at all these things you have done or you can do.” I think that is all really important.
Good Music. I love music, nothing gets me in the mood, in a higher vibration than some good dancing music and it can help you uplevel your confidence when you’re not feeling so great.
Looking to connect with like minded women who want more balance and more bliss – join the Facebook group now.
You don’t necessarily need a New Year to set new goals, however, it is good to reflect on where you were last year, what progress you’ve made, where you want to go, what goals have not come into fruition and what new goals you are setting for yourself. It is also important to keep up leveling and striving towards getting better so as not to lose yourself completely. No matter the type of goal you are setting, whether it’s a New Year’s resolution or not, these tips works for any kind of goal you have set for yourself.
Here are the top five New Year’s resolutions and goals most people set and how to can crush them:
- Health And Fitness. This is the number one goal every single year and so health and fitness is an important one and a couple of years ago that was my most important one.
- More Self Love. I love that more people are taking better care of themselves and they want a better relationship with themselves. I just love that because having self-love definitely has improved all areas of my own life.
- Self Improvement. Self-improvement could mean career, relationships or better self-improvement. You could learn more, read more books, attend seminars or whatever it means for you.
- Less Screen Time. When I first started working out one of the things that I did, which wasn’t necessarily a goal of mine but help in achieving my goal was getting rid of our cable and instead of watching TV, I started working out and so, that hour or two a day that I was watching TV, was more time for my workouts.
- Time or Money Management. People should learn to get better with money whether that’s cutting back on expenses, increasing your income, being more mindful of spending or being more strategic with investments and savings.
Now, let ’s talk about how to crush these goals, It is not fun to set goals and then at the end of the year you look back and didn’t accomplish anything. Whatever your goal is, it doesn’t have to be weight loss or health related it can apply to everyone. Here are some ways to crush whatever goals you have set for yourself.
- Write your goals down and keep it front and center because you need to have that visual constant reminder. It’s actually a proven fact that people who write down their goals are actually more likely to hit them and even better, you can have it somewhere where you have to look at it as a visual representation every day like a vision board. A lot of people write down their goals, but, then they put it in a notebook and never look at it again for the full rest of the year and they forget what they were striving for and sometimes life happens and they get sidetracked so that constant reminder is needed.
- Ask yourself ‘’what can I do daily to help me get to that place where I want to be’’?. It’s not about those big astronomical steps you have to take, but, something daily. They say if you want to change anything in your life, change something you do daily. Tracking your food intake in a food journal is really helpful, tracking your money daily is really helpful and can show you where you’re spending money or food or calories or whatever. Whatever your daily activity is in that area can be really powerful by taking those baby steps every single day
- Believe in yourself. Make sure that you absolutely know that you can do this, remember that you have had a lot of success in different areas of your life and you can do this one too. Constantly remind yourself that you’ve got this, I can do this and I know I can make this happen if I just focus on those daily baby steps.
Get focused on your goals with this Goal Planner
Health is always a top goal for the year so whether you hit your goals or you accomplished some goals last year, you’re going to find something in here that you can start implementing right away. Here are 12 habits that you can adopt take to up-level your health and fitness goals:
- Eat Breakfast Every Single Day. Breakfast is the most important food of the day so always make sure you don’t skip it. If you are in a hurry, you can eat your leftover dinner, what matters is that you’re putting something in your body within 30 minutes to one hour after waking up to fuel your body. When you do this, you will discover that you have more energy and more focus for throughout the day.
- Track Your Activity. You can achieve this by keeping a food journal. It’s been proven that people who keep an active food journal are more conscious about the food they’re putting in their body and they eat fewer calories throughout the day. Try tracking your activity and everything you put in your mouth for a week just to see how it feels. You can use FtBit, an activity tracker or start focusing on what are you doing every day to move your body, whether it’s a hard workout or you’re just dancing in the kitchen. When you start tracking your activity you will become conscious of what you’re doing and not doing.
- Cook At Home More. This one thing can really help you slash unnecessary calories. Every time you eat out you can plan on consuming an extra 200 calories than if you made the exact same meal at home. Just by cooking at home you are going to save calories. Some of my clients and a lot of the people I see, eat out one to two times a day. One time a day, 200 calories, that’s 1,400 extra calories through the week. If you find yourself eating out a lot, consciously choose to cut that back, start planning your meals, and start learning how to cook at home more often.
- Eat Healthy Snacks. Incorporating more healthy snacks into your day means you’re not going to want to hit the vending machine or the drive-through on the way home. Plan ahead and have healthy snacks in your refrigerator or in your desk ready to go. Healthier snacks can help you with energy and help you feel full for longer, it will get you through those mid-afternoon slumps when your blood sugar starts to drop and you start to notice yourself more fatigued and less focused.
- Drink More Water. I know in the wintertime it’s especially hard because in the summertime we are more active, more outside and in the heat, we need that water. In winter we actually need water a lot more because there’s less moisture in the air so you find yourself dehydrated and with dry skin. Water, more water can help you with that, it will help to hydrate you and combat that pushback on the lack of humidity and moisture in the air.
- Walk More. Yes, let’s just choose to walk more. When I first started out, I didn’t have time for workouts and I didn’t have a gym membership so I just started pushing my kids in the stroller in the afternoon a couple days a week. That might be it for you. If you’re not working out at all, you might choose to go for an afternoon walk two to three days a week. Or you can go join a gym, get on the treadmill, walk around the track or even be as little as taking the steps when you have the chance or parking at the back of the parking lots and walking that extra distance. Taking every extra chance you can to just get a little bit of activity in your day is going to add up big for you.
- Get Good Sleep. Sleep is very important. People who lack sleep eat more, they’re less likely to be active, they struggle with energy and they struggle with focus. Just getting more sleep can really help you in all different areas of your life. About 7 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended, but the average American only gets four to six. If that’s you, then start choosing to go to bed a little earlier and push your wake up time back a little bit if you can and make sure you are getting enough sleep to give you energy throughout the day.
- Meal Prep. This is something a lot of people struggle with. Even people who are eating healthy still find difficulty with this meal prep thing. They want to eat healthily or they do try, however, they’re not really great at planning their meals and snacks throughout the day. By learning to plan ahead of time, you will find out that you will gradually stop eating out and stop going to the vending machine. Plan your meals for the week or even for the day and it will save you time, money and calories.
- Relaxation and Self-Care. We live in a society with a lot of hustle and bustle and we hardly step back and give ourselves that time to rest and relax. Relaxation and self-care are so essential, it can help with weight loss because if you are overly stressed, your body sometimes won’t be able to lose weight. So try taking about 15 minutes in the morning to relax, or 15 minutes before you go to bed, maybe start a journal about your feelings, that can be helpful. Try reading, taking a walk, or incorporating a spa day on your day off or get your hair done. These are all ways that you can relax and start to just be present in the moment and not be so much about your to-do list.
- Reduce Processed Sugar. I recommend not eating anything out of a box or anything that has more than five ingredients. I like to play with the 80/20 rule, as long as you’re eating healthy 80% of the time, that 20% isn’t going to affect you so much. Start to recognize how much processed sugar you’re really putting into your body and different ways that you can cut back on them. Most drinks we take has a lot of sugar in them whether it’s soda or your coffee drinks, even smoothies have a lot of sugar, yes it is good sugar, but it is still sugar. Learn to read the back of the labels and see how much sugar is in the stuff you’re drinking and eating.
- Eat More Healthy Fats. Healthy fats can really help with depression and with inflammation. Fat is essential for our health so we need to have lots of healthy fats in our diet, but there is a difference in the different kinds of fats you’re getting. I recommend nuts and seeds, avocado, salmon, fatty fishes, olive oil, coconut oil. If you know you don’t get enough fat or especially if you don’t eat a lot of fish, then you might want to incorporate a fish oil supplement to your diet.
- Help Your Family Get More Active. This is something we do, especially in the summertime, a little bit in the winter. We like to just plan our weekends around being active, and just something that we can do as a family, so we’re bonding and we’re spending time together as a family and we’re still getting our workout in and activities in. This can really help establish some healthy habits into your kids and if you’re having trouble getting your husband on board, this can help because you’re spending time with them and you’re inviting him along for the journey. Same for your kids, the obesity rate in children is rising so the more you can get your kids active, the more you can help make sure that they don’t fall into that statistic.
I hope this has been helpful, you can take one, you can take all, or you can try to incorporate one new habit every single month.
Learn from the experts on how to make yourself a priority, saying no more so you can say yes to things you love and how to ditch the pattern of toxic relationships. Virtual Interview Series happening this spring.
Want to know how to go from being a zombie mom to energy on fire in the morning? Then you should consider having a morning routine.
Most of us go from task to task, checking off our to do list, without ever considering what we need for ourselves. The morning can be one of the best times to have that check in, to process emotions, set solid intentions and set the tone of the day.
So, let’s talk about the power of a morning routine and how having one can help you be more productive throughout the day:
- Having a routine in the morning is important because it allows your body to get into the flow. It allows you to not have to think about the decisions that you’re about to make, but just being able to go into motion, one thing after another.
- A good morning routine makes you more productive all day long with a clearer and a more focused mind.
- It helps you have loads of energy all day. Depending on what your morning routine is, it can uplift your spirit throughout the day so it is important to adopt a routine that is unique to you.
So, what is the first thing that you do when you wake up? Most of us get on our phone, or a computer the minute we get out of bed to check social media or emails, this might not be the best way to start your day. How you start your day can really have a positive or negative impact on the rest of your day so it is important to set the right morning routine that is unique to you because what helps you get energy might be different from mine. Here are some of the morning routines that gives me energy all day long:
- I get energy from spending spiritual time alone. I feel calmer throughout the day whenever I wake up as early as 5:00 am to have a Bible study versus if my kids just wake me up and I go about my daily chores. Try diffusing some essential oils to energize you, first thing.
- Getting my workout in before I go to work. This gives me loads of energy throughout the day and from experience, whenever I don’t work out early I often find myself procrastinating and I might end up not getting it done at the end of the day.
- Listening to uplifting or inspirational messages. This can be in form of an audiobook, a podcast, or music that helps me get into an upbeat mood that keeps me inspired all day long.
- Writing down my to-do list and going to bed at a decent hour at night. Our brain is such a powerful force that goes to work and start strategizing on our to-do list for the next day while we are sleeping and the morning we will already have a clear vision on how to go about the day.
To make your morning routine even better.. grab my 10-minute breakfasts for fast and easy mornings.
Cold and flu season seemed to really take over this year. Are you constantly sick and can’t seem to find your way back to health? As a working mom I don’t have time to be sick. I don’t have time to deal with sick kids and I know you don’t either. We like to keep our immune system boosted as much as possible.
A few years ago, my husband would get sick every time the weather changed! We had a medicine cabinet full of supplements and vitamins – but it didn’t seem to matter.
Would you believe we haven’t been sick in 2+ years – even with two kids in public school!
Things keeping you sick and your immune system compromised
- Processed Foods
- High Stress Levels
- Excess amounts of tobacco, alcohol and other toxins
- Lots of over the counter medicines and antibiotics.
To keep your immune system strong
Eat lots of whole foods and eat most of your meals at home.
Overly processed foods has a lot of chemicals and preservatives and the nutrition quality is depleted. It is best to be eating foods as close to their natural state as possible. Grab my 10-minute breakfast recipes here.
Exercise and move your body daily.
Exercise is a great immune booster. It gets your body moving, blood flowing and helps your body handle other outside stresses better. So get outside, take the dog or the kids for a walk and get moving.
Ditch the toxins out of your diet – this includes excessive amounts of sugar, processed foods, high fructose corn syrup, and alcohol.
The added toxins in the body add unneeded stress. We want to keep stress levels to a minimum, so that when a virus tries to come in your body has the strength to fight it off.
Finally – invest in high quality supplements. You should be using a multi-vitamin, fish oil, calcium and magnesium, at minumum.
Now, I know not everyone eats healthy – all the time. My kids don’t eat a lot of veggies. I do my best but you can only do what you can. It is a good idea to fill in the gaps. Only very few people eat the recommended six to nine servings of vegetables. My kids definitely don’t. Sometimes I don’t even. One thing we do is we have a shake that we use at snack time. It’s got over 21 vitamins and minerals in it.
We get all our vitamins and supplements from Herbalife.
Take in extra vitamin C during high stress and cold and flu season.
One of my favorite products to keep our immune system strong is Best Defense. This has echinacea, zinc, and vitamin C. It is my secret weapon. I just take a tablet and drop it in some water, and then see it fizz. It is orange flavor and the kids love it!!
At back-to-school season, usually right when school is starting up I invest. Yes, your health is an investment. I invest in extra Best Defense. I will just throw these in. Maybe once a week I’ll drink one by myself and then I’ll also pour one for the kids. It’s just a good idea to have this on hand. I take this whenever I’m feeling something come on. I will drink a glass, and usually, within 24 hours it’s gone.
Echinacea is great to boost that immune system. Vitamin C and zinc all help keep your immune system up and keep those defenses from coming into your body, things that we don’t like, the germies that the kids are picking up at school. If you work at a public place, whether you work in retail or you work in a hospital, a doctor’s office, you need to keep your immune system boosted so that your body is able to defend itself from those viruses that are coming in.
Everything we put in our body has an effect on our skin. Creating that holiday glow can be simple, by including a few things in your diet and maybe taking some things out.
If you have chronic or even occasional acne, we want to get to the root of that, first. It is a result of the toxins and inflammation in your body. I talk about it more here.
What not to eat for clear skin
1. Processed foods
2. Fast food
3. Greasy foods
If you have eliminated those and still have acne, do a elimination diet and take out gluten and dairy to see if it clears up.
To create a healthy holiday glow, you want to include some essentials in your diet.
Foods to Include In Your Diet
1. Proteins – Check out my 25 Power Meals for some ideas
2. Healthy carbs – getting your carbs from fruits and vegetables will do your skin good.
3. Healthy fats – salmon, avocado, nuts, seeds, olive oil
4. Essential vitamins and minerals – see below
Some places you can find these vitamins and minerals, include oranges, lemons, limes, strawberries, raspberries, kale, broccoli and bell peppers.
All disease and inflammation starts inside the body.
If you cut the crap out of your diet, you can cure your acne from the inside out.
Then, start to implement a skincare routine. And you should be washing your face one to two times a day, once in the morning and then again at night. I admit, I didn’t really take care of myself in my 20s, but then a couple years ago I really started to implement a regular skincare routine. My pores have been reduced and I rarely have breakouts, anymore.
Herbalife offers two skincare lines that I love and mix and match with – for normal/dry/oily skin or acne prone skin.
If you want a jump start on your healthy glow, I have a special deal for you.
I have had clients report of better and clearer skin by using our cellular cleansing nutrition, alone.