Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterest

Want to indulge in your sweet cravings and still lose weight?

Most people think that losing weight (or being on a diet) has to be hard and we have been trained to think of a diet as giving up all our favorite foods.

Actually, you can eat healthy without feeling deprived. I still eat pizza, chocolate, and ice cream and I was able to lose 30 pounds. Most of the time when we are on a diet or trying to lose weight, we often limit ourselves to boring foods which we do not really enjoy just because they are the typical “healthy foods” but there are ways you can infuse the foods you absolutely love in your diet and still get your desired results.

I personally went on to lose over 30 pounds and for the first time EVER, I never felt like I was missing out.

Here are some ways to help you eat healthy without feeling deprived of the foods you love and how to ‘’eat your cake and have it’’ while on your weight loss journey:

  1. The 80/20 rule: Moderation is everything. When you deprive yourself of certain foods, it becomes all that you can think about, but when you allow yourself to indulge in your favorite foods as part of your lifestyle and healthy diet, then you won’t feel so deprived and there will be If you are eating and putting good things into your body 80% of the time, the other 20% won’t matter so much. You can still have a glass of wine or a chocolate brownie from time to time.
  2. Allow yourself those treats: Apart from just making it part of your diet, treat yourself to something nice on the weekend. If you ate salads Monday through Friday, allow yourself to have that baked potato, or a piece of pizza if it’s going to make you happy. Indulge occasionally in those things that would make your weight loss journey fun for you.


Thrive Market sells your favorite organic and non-gmo brands for up to 50% off retail.

3. Celebrate your accomplishments. Celebrate everything! So many times we get so focused on the goal that we fail to see every little progress we’ve made. Celebrate it at day one, celebrate it at day five, celebrate it at two weeks. Find ways to celebrate that doesn’t have anything to do with food so you don’t go overboard – buy yourself a new workout outfit, treat yourself to a massage or get your nails done. Whatever is going to make you happy just make sure you celebrate yourself.

Four years ago, I decided I was done with “dieting” and I was going to find something that would work – for my life, no matter what I had going on. If you are feeling restricted in any way, especially over time, you will not stick with it.

Why do you think 50% of people who lose weight end up gaining it all back?

In conclusion, you are what you think about and that becomes your reality. If you think losing weight will be hard, it will be.

What if it could be easy?

In my Simplified Slim Down, I break down how it can be easy, with easy healthy recipes and daily action steps to get you to your first goal.

 

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterest