Do you ever feel like you are constantly busy, but still not getting anything done? This used to be my life.
I found myself, constantly, distracted. I was so busy trying to do all the things and nothing actually would get accomplished.
I would start to work and then, I remembered the dishes need done or laundry needs switched.
For years, I had no idea my dirty kitchen or messy car was affecting my energy and my focus. And it seemed every time I cleaned the house, it would only last a few hours. It felt like a never ending chore.
Some things I have found that work – to keep me focused. my energy up and the house clean.
- Do household chores in the morning and evening. This frees up my time and space, in the middle of the day, so I can focus on work, family or self care.
- Create routines for everything. I have a routine for cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry and even homework with the kids.
- Keeping my physical space clear and uncluttered.
- Recruit my kids to help with household chores. My kids love to help and if you start them early, they will learn to continue when they are older.
My favorite site to help you get your house under control – http://www.flylady.net/
Some of the routines that keep me focused
- Kitchen – gets cleaned up after dinner or while making dinner. Empty the dishwasher, first thing in the morning, while cooking breakfast.
- Laundry – gets rotated once in the morning, once in the evening.
- Errands – I do all my errands on one day of the week. Currently Thursdays
- Doing my workout at the same time every day.