Are you experiencing a weight loss stall? Let’s figure out how to break that weight loss plateau. It’s almost summer and a lot of you may be stressing out about shorts and tank top season and perhaps trying to lose weight, but it’s just not happening as fast as you want it to. Here are some things you should consider when you hit a weight loss plateau and get the things moving gain;
- Motivation & Excitement: A lot of times we get frustrated because we’re not seeing the results we want, and we start to lose that motivation and it can be really frustrating. So the first thing is you need do is get the things moving again, so you can get excited again, and get motivated. Motivation is temporary if you’re not motivated, you’re probably just not excited about either your goal, or you’re not excited about your method.
- Your Diet: If you are doing the right thing; cleaning up your diet and working out but you still aren’t getting your desired results then you really need to change something. It could be your diet. You might need to clean things up a little bit. Maybe you’ve made some changes, but you might need to make even more changes. Sometimes, that means eating more or eating less.
- Work Out: If you are not working out because you’ve gotten great results by just changing your nutrition and you start to notice a stall in your weight loss, then you need to start incorporating some workouts. Get some activity into your day, like taking a walk with a good breakfast.
- Eat Breakfast. Make sure you never skip breakfast, it truly is the most important meal of the day, so you want to make sure you’re having some kind of protein first thing in the day. It’s going to keep you full for longer. It’s going to help you maintain that muscle mass while you lose weight. So eat enough eggs, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese with some fruit etc.
- Cardio: If you are working out, and you’re still not getting results, again, you need to change something. This could mean less cardio or more cardio. If you’re doing straight cardio, now may be the time to incorporate some strength training with it. You want to keep your body guessing because our body is efficient. It gets used to what we’re doing, and always have to improving, and doing something better, and really challenging yourself.
Do you want to know how I dropped over 30 pounds and got below my pre-pregnancy weight, in just a few months? Learn the habits I used to drop the stubborn baby weight.